Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series.
Bloomsbury Academic & Professional specialises in the humanities and social sciences, performing and visual arts, and law, and publishes over 1,800 books each year.
- Extensive Asia studies list through acquisitions of I.B. Tauris and Zed Books, as well as homegrown programme
- Full range of publishing, from cross over trade titles such as Becoming Beauvoir, through to research monographs
- Covers all humanities subjects, with increasing profile in social sciences
- Largest publisher globally in academic Visual Arts, and Drama and Performance Studies
- Leading publisher in Philosophy, History, Linguistics, Literary Studies, Education, Religion, Film and Media, Asia, African and Middle East Studies
- Authors include Kerry Brown, Tshering Tobgay, Guan Hanqing , Carol J. Adams, M A K Halliday, Slavoj Žižek , Arthur Miller, Katori Hall, Paulo Freire, Franz Fanon, Mary Beard,
Michael Dillion, Nick Holdstock , Barbara Pollack and Xinran Xue
- Expanding content, global coverage and international author base, particularly through recent acquisitions of I.B. Tauris, Oberon and Zed Books
Benefits to the Users
- Peer review process for all proposals and manuscripts ensures quality and academic rigour
- Instant online access to the latest research in the humanities and social sciences
- Users can trust in Bloomsbury brand, known for independence and digital innovation
- Access to huge backlist of 30,000 titles from across imprints
- EBooks published concurrently with print