IG Publishing is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. IG Publishing eBooks Portal is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 (level AA). Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
IG Publishing eBooks Portal accessibility features:
- Portal pages in HTML are responsive, and content reflows well up to 400% zoom.
- Controls and features are operable using keyboard only.
- Portal support PDF download of chapter and specific pages (up to 40 pages).
- Pages employ ARIA (Accessibility for Rich Internet Applications) to enhance navigation, orientation and labelling for users of screen readers and other assistive technology.
IG Publishing is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- browser X with assistive technology Y on operating system Z
IG Publishing eBooks Portal is not compatible with:
- browsers older than 3 major versions” or “Mobile operating systems older than 5 year
Accessibility of IG Publishing relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of IG Publishing, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for IG Publishing:
- Online Reader (iViewer): Ebook online reader utilise image file which may not work with screen reader. The rendering of the image file in older titles of less than 150DPI may be hard to read.
IG Publishing is checked for accessibility using both automated and manual keyboard checks. For example, we test the interface using online web accessibility evaluation tools such WAVE provided by WebAim, AChecker and a11y Color Contrast Accessibility Validator.